Rainbow Bee-eaters

aka DDDs (Departure Date Determinations). When migrants return, we delight in claiming the "First for the season". So why is it that we don't place equal emphasis on claiming the "Last for the season"? Well we all know why. It's too darn hard. Unless we religiously keep a diary of our sightings and then compare notes in the off-season to determine whose was the last sighting, how would we do it? Well now I think I know: provide another avenue for some one-up-manship on a public forum! If you've bettered the last date, please set the record straight ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

mickbirder

Rainbow Bee-eaters

Post by mickbirder »

a couple of pairs of these colourful little fellas have started to grace our nehbourhood over the past 2 weeks, i assume they are starting to think about making thier nests in the steep backs of the lockyer creek which runs next to my place. nice to hear thier trills of a morning :D
Contact on 0419609156
Fielded

Rainbow Bee-aters at Withcott

Post by Fielded »

Hi

Each year at Withcott, just near the Withcott Early Childhood Centre and State Primary School, Rainbow Bee-eaters come in good numbers. They have turned up there in the past week. There are around about 25-30 birds taking insects from the air and resting on the overhead powerlines near a small dam with water. They always appear to be very active and cherping all the time.

Very nice little bird.

Cheers
Darren Fielder

Return to “Going, going, gone ...”