Zeiss Binoculars

If you're chasing a list for a specific area for example, post your request here...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Rod Hobson

Zeiss Binoculars

Post by Rod Hobson »

Folks,

Can someone give me the details of a reputable supplier for Zeiss binoculars. My very old pair of 10 x 40B's are in a sorry state and I'm interested in a replacement pair of Zeiss 10 x 42L Victorys. I've tried The Birding Shop but they don't stock Zeiss. They suggested Swarovski but I personally prefer Zeiss. And before the Swarovski-ites take up their cudgels I haven't got anything against these binoculars; just a matter of personal choice.

Cheers,
Rod Hobson
Mick Atzeni

Zeiss bins (Matt Redding)

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Hi Rod, Copied and pasted your forum posting to a work mate, Matt Redding. Matt has been looking at bins for deer hunting. See his response below. Spoke to him later and he strongly recommends going down to Qld Gun Exchange to compare a few.

Hope you have a win!

Mick

Sent: Thursday, 2 July 2009 2:23 PM
To: Atzeni, Michael
Subject: RE: Zeiss bins

If they are Toowoomba people, I found the price of some zeiss pocket binos at "the Open Range" to be as good or slightly better than the Brisbane prices. I don't know if their other zeiss models are as competitive. Definitely take the time to make the comparison. Sometimes they are more expensive, but sometimes they are surprisingly cheaper.

If in Brisbane, I would definitely check Queensland Gun Exchange. They are competitive on everything. They have a good range of brands, and they sell a lot of zeiss products. Check out their adds in every issue of Australian Shooter. They have specials on Zeiss there every month.

I have never had any trouble with them — I spent 3.5 K on rifle and reloading and optics with them a few years ago, and they were pretty good about a return I had to do.

Matt

Return to “Requests for data”