Parrots going beserk at Kilcowera

Do you keep a monthly record for your favourite patch? If so, why not share the info real-time and literally put your patch on the map? Using the template under this heading you have the vehicle for displaying your monthly records for those places you bird regularly e.g. your backyard, neighbourhood, local park. Just how good is your patch? What can we learn from your monthly records?

Let's find out ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Toni

Parrots going beserk at Kilcowera

Post by Toni »

The early mornings here are fantastic at the moment, the Albizza Lebbecks, river red gums, needlewoods, the native jasmine and Owenia Acidulatas (Grewie trees) are flowering and the birds are making the most of it. The little shrub Ellangowan Desertii is covered in orange berries and the acacias and cassias all have ripe seed pods all over them. Correllas, Major Mitchells and Galahs seem to be dominating but all the rest are there as well just being overshadowed by the clamorous three. Lots of honey eaters around too. Babblers, emus and wrens all over the place. And lizards everwhere.

Had 14 mls last weekend and 8 mls last night and the weather has been great, not too hot yet. More rain predicted so I have my fingers crossed as the 2 falls we have had are only teasers really. Gidday to all the bird people out there who have visited us in the last few years, cheers Toni.

Return to “My Patch - Monthly records”