Red-Backed Fairy Wrens @ Kleinton

Do you keep a monthly record for your favourite patch? If so, why not share the info real-time and literally put your patch on the map? Using the template under this heading you have the vehicle for displaying your monthly records for those places you bird regularly e.g. your backyard, neighbourhood, local park. Just how good is your patch? What can we learn from your monthly records?

Let's find out ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Brendon & Judi Gray

Red-Backed Fairy Wrens @ Kleinton

Post by Brendon & Judi Gray »

My first sighting today of the Red-backed fairy wrens living at our little property at Kleinton/Meringandan. My husband has seen them twice in the last couple of months but today was my first sighting. Saw two males and three females living happily in the thick grass in the creek. These are the first wrens seen on our property since purchase of the land almost 3 years ago, we are rather impressed about having these beautiful little birds!
Mick Atzeni

Red-backed Fairy-wrens

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Judi

Congratulations on the new arrival!

Agree the male is a real WOW moment the first time you see one.... and will continue to be, especially in the breeding season when they puff up those back feathers and that red seems to fairly glow!

I know it took just one male Red-backed Fairy-wren on her first club outing to hook long-term member and current secretary, Olive Booth, for life. And for me it will always represent the beginning of a great friendship with her and her late husband Jim.

A special bird in more ways than one.

Cheers

Mick

Return to “My Patch - Monthly records”