Blue Bonnet Parrots - Highfields / Meringandan

Do you keep a monthly record for your favourite patch? If so, why not share the info real-time and literally put your patch on the map? Using the template under this heading you have the vehicle for displaying your monthly records for those places you bird regularly e.g. your backyard, neighbourhood, local park. Just how good is your patch? What can we learn from your monthly records?

Let's find out ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Brendon & Judi Gray

Blue Bonnet Parrots - Highfields / Meringandan

Post by Brendon & Judi Gray »

Our most exciting record of a sighting yet! Last week, Brendon was working just out of Highfields in a new Estate when he saw and heard some brownish looking parrots flying overhead, he rang me and said tht he thought they might be Blue Bonnet's but didn't get a great look at them, so therefor just left it. On Sunday 4 November he went back to the site in the late afternoon to have a look around and sure enough spotted 8 Red Winged Blue Bonnet Parrots feeding on grass seeds in open paddocks and then moving to nearby trees. He rang me and I went to have a look for myself, an amazing sight of such beautiful birds, I was amazed at their size and the different sounds they make to other parrots. We took around 60 photographs for identification purposes and submitted a rare bird report first to make sure everything was correct.
Mick Atzeni

Blue Bonnets (Pat McConnell)

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Hello everyone. The Blue Bonnets are still at Highfields Ridge Estate for anyone who is interested. Kath and I saw four on Friday 16 of November. If you go up Rhody Burke Road and turn left into the new estate we saw them off Sawyer’s Lane. We just parked at the end of the lane and there were four on the ground. This was at 4.00pm.

Regards

Pat
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485

Return to “My Patch - Monthly records”