Upper Lockyer arrivals

Migrant arrival dates are always a hot topic, particularly, the spring/summer migrants.

Think you've seen the first for the season? Post details here and let's see if you're right ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Mick Atzeni

Upper Lockyer arrivals

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Noisy Friarbirds seem to have arrived en masse in the last couple of days, their calls dominating the morning soundscape today at "Tiddalac".

Scarlet Honeyeaters
reappeared mid-February (heard 16/2) and have become very common, their calls heard throughout the day.

Rufous Whistlers
are starting to build up numbers too.

Also picked up a female Golden Whistler along the creek this morning (12/3), a first for here I think.

Anyone else seeing Golden Whistlers? If so, please reply and indicate whether they're female or male as I'm interested to gather some hard data on the apparent lag in the arrival of the males.

Cheers
Last edited by Mick Atzeni on Sun May 22, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Mick Atzeni

Noisy Friarbirds and Scarlet Honeyeaters

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Like last year, these two species have started to reappear in numbers at Upper Lockyer.

First Scarlet Honeyeater record for a while was on 14/2 and since then have been recording them regularly.

I noticed an influx of Noisy Friarbirds today along Thomas Rd after Ken McKeown alerted me to an increase around his place at Table Top Estate on the weekend.
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485

Return to “They're back!”