Two Koalas at Kleinton in 1 day, different locations

It's not their fault they don't have feathers! Doesn't make them any less interesting. And just like the birds, it's good to know what species are about locally at any given time.

There's expertise within the club and beyond on most aspects of our local fauna. Let's tap into it.
Brendon & Judi Gray

Two Koalas at Kleinton in 1 day, different locations

Post by Brendon & Judi Gray »

Last week I spotted a medium sized male Koala in a tiny gum tree on the Cooby Dam Road. Stopped and had a look - was in the smallest gum-tree on a really thin branch! Will send a photo. Male Koala in very good healthy looking condition. Coat looked in good condition.

Later the same day Brendon spotted a Koala on our Property close by at Kleinton. Up high in a large gum tree, munching away on leaves. This is the second one that we have seen at this location. Mind you when I went to have a look at it - it took me some time to find it as they camoflague so well! This Koala a female with no obvious infant. Have not seen it since but this is not to say it is not close by in other gum trees. Very exciting to see - nothing like seeing a Koala in the wild really!! Maybe hopefully one day I will get to see a platypus or a Quoll in the wild or even a bilby - then may change my mind.

Return to “Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians & Bugs”