Additions from Mt Walker-Rosevale area

Species seen within 250 km radius of Toowoomba, excluding the club survey area.

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Mick Atzeni

Additions from Mt Walker-Rosevale area

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Have been working in the Mt Walker area, via Rosewood, this month. A few sightings including some additions (bolded) for autumn survey follow:

Marsh Harrier, White-bellied Sea-Eagle, Whistling Kite - Lower Mt Walker
Black-fronted Dotterel, Australasian Grebe - "Genvale", West Mt Walker Rd, Rosevale

Hardhead, Brown-Quail, Striped Honeyeater, Yellow-rumped Thornbill, Golden-headed Cisticola - "Glenvale", West Mt Walker Rd, Rosevale

Spotted Harrier - "Glenvale", West Mt Walker Rd, Rosevale
Last edited by Mick Atzeni on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Mick Atzeni

An earlier Harry Spottier than mine!

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Work colleague Mitch Furness reported seeing a Spotted Harrier 11.03.07 at Hendon, south of Allora, which beats my sighting by a couple of days.

Mitch and I now refer to them affectionately as Harry Spottiers. It has been an in-house joke for a few years, ever since he told me that's what his young daughter Ethnee used to call them after he had pointed one out to her.

And ever since that event, I can't help thinking what a shame a Harry Spottier never featured in the Harry Potter movies. Could have easily masqueraded as some sort of fabulous owl from Downunder for Harry. Got the right sort of face... and the name!

I say "Out with the Snowy Owl and in with the Harry Spottier" if they ever make another movie.

Cheers
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485

Return to “Autumn Beyond (Non-local) - 2007”