Another one ..........

How many species can we collectively record during 2008? Can we better the past two years? Can we reach 250?? Same rules as previous years. Good luck!

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Rod Hobson

Another one ..........

Post by Rod Hobson »

Folks,

On Saturday last (12th April) on my walk home from Mount Table Top at about 5.15pm, I flushed an adult male Painted Button-quail from the roadside of Table Top Drive just east of its junction with the Bridle Trail. This was at map reference GDA94 - S 27 deg 35.156', E 151 deg 59.682'.

The verges of most of Table Top Drive from the end of South Street to the foot of Camel's Hump are heavily vegetated in high grasses following the recent rain, mainly Green Panicum and Kangaroo Grass. There has been plenty of Brown Quail activity in these grasses lately and, judging by the number of platelets ditto for button-quail. Aside to Painted Button-quail I've also recorded Red-chested and Little Button-quails along this road previously although the latter is quite rare there.

I didn't see much else this day except for a pair of Brown Falcons working the eastern rim of Mount Table Top earlier.

Regards,
Rod Hobson

Return to “The Challenge - 2008”