Rose Robin -Redwood Park (Bridge Street entrance) 9/4/06

In 2006, we set up the inaugral Challenge to see if we could collectively record 250 species during the year in the club's survey area. How did we go? Extremely well considering the drought... Plenty of unusual and rare birds .... some great records from non-members too. It was a fascinating year. And a worthwhile exercise which we encourage other groups to follow. See for yourself...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Michael Wood

Rose Robin -Redwood Park (Bridge Street entrance) 9/4/06

Post by Michael Wood »

Yesterday morning -Sunday, April 9- a female Rose Robin was sighted just inside the Bridge Street entrance.
Mick Atzeni

Earlier Rose Robin arrival

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Michael's sighting would have to be one of the earliest on record. I checked my own diary and the earliest I've seen one in Toowoomba area is 16 April (1989). That was a female too, seen in Glen Lomond Park.

Has anyone ever recorded an earlier arrival date than 9 April?[/quote]
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Rod Hobson

Rose Robin - Digger's Lookout, Mount Table Top

Post by Rod Hobson »

Folks,

Also saw Rose Robin last Sunday morning (09.04.06) in dry vine scrub, eastern face of Mount Table Top and, even more curiously, a single Restless Flycatcher here at that time as well, probably passing through this small remnant of atypical habitat from cleared lands below. My first record of Restless Flycatcher from Mount Table Top.

Apologies for this late posting, have been away in field at Duke's Plains near Isla Gorge. What a place. Birdlife amazing.

Regards,
Rod Hobson

Return to “'250 in 2006' Challenge”