Square Tail Kite

Sightings anywhere within a 250 km radius of Toowoomba, but excluding the local survey area (see above), for the period 1 Jun - 31 Aug 2010.

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Nicholas Matheson-Kozakis

Square Tail Kite

Post by Nicholas Matheson-Kozakis »

Once again another square tail kite was spotted gliding over The SCOTS PGC College and the nearby Condamine River in Warwick. They are more commonly seen during the warmer months than now. However, this was the one first for the winter season!

Nick :D
NICHOLAS MATHESON-KOZAKIS
sburke

Post by sburke »

Good one Nick and Jenny. We have had one and maybe two here in Toowoomba during May. Haven't seen or heard of them still being here this month. I hope they are.

Square Tail Kite

Saw a pair of square tails soaring just to the south of Greenmount East, near the Gatton turnoff early this afternoon. Haven't often seen a pair together.

Thanks, Nick :lol:
Russell

Post by Russell »

Man, I was at Greenmount this afternoon. Missed them. Well done.

Square Tail Kite

This was between 1.30 and 1.40 today. Should have been in a meeting at St ursula's by 1.00 pm but got held up by dithering, fretting Year 12 Accounting students who are having a test tomorrow. One of the few times I retrospectively appreciated being bombarded with questions from students and having my departure from SCOTS PGC delayed!!!! :D

The birds were on the western side of the highway, only just to the south of the Gatton turnoff.

Return to “Winter Beyond - 2010”