Choosing new Binoculars

If you have a question, comment or feedback about the club, its activities or any local birds, please post your query here ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Toni

Choosing new Binoculars

Post by Toni »

Hi all, the time has come for this person to buy a decent pair of bino's. Trouble is I don't know much about them ( my old pair cost me $35 at cash converters 2 years ago!) Also I will probably have to buy without trying because of where I live. Or wait til I can get away from the station later in the year.

Want them sooner rather than wait. 10 x 42, 8 x 42, 10 x 32, 8 x 32 whats best? I don't mind if they are a bit heavy, I wear glasses does this make a difference in the bino's I should be looking at?

Is it worthwhile buying from o/seas now rather than the grossly inflated prices we pay for things here? Any advice would be appreciated. thanks Toni :D
Pat McConnell

Binoculars

Post by Pat McConnell »

Toni hello. Have you had any luck with getting information on new binoculars yet? If not give me a call at work (0746 315573) and I will see if I can be of any help. Regards Pat McConnell.
Toni

Steiners

Post by Toni »

Morning Pat, some friends gave me their not so old steiners when they upgraded, the steiners are a major upgrade for me and I am very happy with them and have put them to good use so far. Thank you for your help. Toni

Return to “Questions and Comments”