Bronze-cuckoo at Highfields?

If you have a question, comment or feedback about the club, its activities or any local birds, please post your query here ...

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Michael Wood

Bronze-cuckoo at Highfields?

Post by Michael Wood »

Just wondering whether anyone has been out to Highfields lately and managed to positively identify any bronze-cuckoos? The reason I ask is because on a recent visit out there I was chasing a calling bird around the park -just did'nt want to stay still, which I suspect was a shining bronze but I can't be 100% certain -it was a little different to what I am accustomed to. The call was a descending sort of Phhheeeeeew........, chip, chip! -if that gives anyone an idea. It's been troubling me. Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Michael
Michael Wood
Rod Hobson

Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo at Highfields' Falls

Post by Rod Hobson »

G'day Michael,

Mate, on the 'Turquoise Parrot weekend' I had a good view of an Horsfield's Bronze-Cuckoo not far from the site where I encountered the parrot but on the Sunday rather than the Saturday morning.

Regards
Rod Hobson
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Thanks Rod.

I wasn't sure. It's been a while since last hearing them, so possibly it was the same bird. The "chip", "chip" at the end had me puzzled and the pheeew didn't seem to be quite as drawn out as I accustomed to.

Any news on the yellow-tufted honeyeaters? Have they been seen again?

Regards,
Michael
Michael Wood

Return to “Questions and Comments”