Red-capped Robin

Sightings anywhere within a 250 km radius of Toowoomba, but excluding the local survey area (see above), for the period 1 March 2011 - 31 May 2011.
sburke

Red-capped Robin

Post by sburke »

Spending the weekend at Coolmunda Dam. I went for a look up Mosquito Ck Road this afternoon and saw my first Red-capped Robin for 2011. A very quiet female. The usual suspects along the road - Red-wing Parrots, Blue Bonnets, Cockatiels, Red-rump Parrots, Little Corellas, Common Bronzewings, Apostlebirds, Grey-crowned Babblers, etc. There are not as many waterbirds around as were here at our Club outing last year - plenty of water all over the place I suppose. There were only a few Pelicans and Black Swans around with Wood Ducks, Pacific Black Ducks and Australasian Grebes and a lone Great-crested Grebe. The White-winged Fairy-wrens look to have had a good year with a big brood hanging around the small bushes along the dam access road and the Whistling Kites have bred successfully near the first picnic area.

Ciao 8)
sburke

White-breasted Woodswallow

Post by sburke »

Also saw my first White-breasted Woodswallows for 2011 on Mosquito Ck Road yesterday arvo.

Happy birding.

Return to “Autumn Beyond - 2011”