Turquoise Parrot -Mount Peel BR

Provided flooding rains don't spoil the party again, only slackness will prevent us nailing 230+ species this year.

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Michael Wood

Turquoise Parrot -Mount Peel BR

Post by Michael Wood »

This morning there was a pair of Turquoise Parrots about half way along the right hand track that leads from the end of Westminster Street at Mount Peel Bushland Reserve. I had first heard Neophemas calling on Wednesday morning there but was unable to obtain a visual, and then again yesterday morning thought I heard them. This morning I went earlier and eventually saw the birds around 8am.

Afterwards, about 8.20am, I saw a Black Falcon gliding north over the suburb of Drayton.
Michael Wood
Mick Atzeni

Turquoise Parrots at Mt Peel

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Michael

Great record for the Challenge. An interesting one too because past member Chris Cameron used to live on the highway side of Mt Peel and if memory serves me correctly he had seen Turquoise Parrots in his yard. Not sure how often but makes you wonder whether they visit that area more than we realise. I must confess I've never been there.

I will try and dig up some correspondence Chris sent me because I also recall he mentioned a couple of other odd sightings.

Cheers
Mick

Return to “The Challenge - 2012”