Emerald Dove

Sightings within the local survey area for the period 1 Jun 2012 - 31 Aug 2012. The local survey area is a rectangular area extending from Kingsthorpe NW of Toowoomba to the Mt Whitestone/Fordsdale area SE of Helidon.
Mick Atzeni

Emerald Dove

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Hugh Krenske captured an Emerald Dove on a wildlife-monitoring camera near the creek in the bottom end of Redwood Park on 10th July at 11:20 am and on 13th July at 13:12. This is encouraging news as I haven't seen or heard an Emerald Dove in Redwood for several years. I don't know of anyone else who has either. I would suggest the weed control by Hugh and others in Friends of Escarpment Parks (FEP) has directly benefited this species.

Three other ground-dwelling species: Noisy Pitta, Russet-tailed Thrush and Black-breasted Button-Quail, have been notable absentees from Redwood Park records for several years too. Historically, all three have been recorded in and around the same area FEP have weeded. Let's hope these three return as well, and if we don't see them, the camera will!

Cheers
Mick

Return to “Winter Within - 2012”