Red-winged Parrot

Sightings within the local survey area for the period 1 Sep 2012 - 30 Nov 2012. The local survey area is a rectangular area extending from Kingsthorpe NW of Toowoomba to the Mt Whitestone/Fordsdale area SE of Helidon.
Pat McConnell

Red-winged Parrot

Post by Pat McConnell »

A work mate of mine (Adrian Blokland) saw an immature Red-winged Parrot in his bird bath at Highfields on 16 September. He sent me a photograph just to confirm it. It has been a great year for unusual parrots with Bluebonnet and Turquoise Parrot also being seen. This is the second record for Red-winged Parrot this year.
Michael Wood

Unusual Parrots

Post by Michael Wood »

Hello Pat

I can concur with the sightings of unusual parrots locally just recently, especially in regards to the Blue Bonnets. Just last month I visited a property at Meringandan (not sure whether it is in the club's official area or not) and heard what must have been five or six Blue Bonnets. And, from what the landowners tell me, that is not such an unusual occurrence. Apparently, they think they record them regularly, which I am tempted not to doubt.
Michael Wood
Mick Atzeni

Eastern Rosella

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Pat & Michael

Speaking of unusual parrots seen locally, on 9/9/12 I saw a single Eastern Rosella associating with Red-rumped Parrots on the Eustondale Golf Course (Euston Rd, Drayton).

It didn't help my game.

Regards
Mick

Return to “Spring Within - 2012”