painted honeyeater, varied sitella

Sightings anywhere within a 250 km radius of Toowoomba, but excluding the local survey area (see above), for the period 1 Dec 2012 - 29 Feb 2013.
Alastair Silcock

painted honeyeater, varied sitella

Post by Alastair Silcock »

Can add half a dozen varied sitella at Linthorpe north of Pittsworth on Saturday Feb 9, and a pair of painted honeyeaters in the same patch of roadside remnant vegetation the next day.

regards
Alastair
Mick Atzeni

Painted Honeyeater

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Hi Alastair

Painted Honeyeater is a very good record that others may be interested in looking for. Are you able to be more specific about the site? Have you seen them there previously? Would be grateful for the historic records too.

Cheers
Mick
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Alastair Silcock

painted honeyeaters

Post by Alastair Silcock »

From a quick search of Beyond records, I only saw three sightings of painted honeyeater - at Jondaryan, Westmar and Southwood NP - so quite interesting this far east. A lifer for me and worth the stiff neck watching them in the eucalypt canopy for 5 minutes or more.

Not sure, Mick, what you mean by historic records - this pair I saw on February 10 around 8am 5.5km along Linthorpe Road north of the Gore Highway.

Quite a good 3 to 4 kms of road for birding with variety of roadside vegetation, Linthorpe Env Park and a creek alongside parts, where nankeen night herons seemed to be nesting last month.

I'll head out again soon for another look. Happy for company if anyone's interested.

regards
Alastair

Return to “Summer Beyond 2012-13”