Powerful Owl - Highfields (Michael Wood)

There are many unknowns about Powerful Owls locally. For starters, how many are there? Where are they? What conservation measures are needed? Here's your chance to help build an accurate picture of all things Powerful, and to keep things that way!

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Mick Atzeni

Powerful Owl - Highfields (Michael Wood)

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Michael Wood asked me to let you know about the Powerful Owl he saw this morning at Highfields Falls. If you wish to know more please get in touch with Mick or me.
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Michael Wood

Grey Goshawk -white phase

Post by Michael Wood »

I should mention too that whilst at Highfields Falls yesterday morning a white phase Grey Goshawk was sighted. The bird had a tiny bit of grey on the crown and on the wing tips, but other than that was completely white. My first one for Queensland. Birds were aplenty, particularly given the somewhat late start to the morning -around 9am.
Michael Wood
Mick Atzeni

Powerful Owl update

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Called into Highfields Falls today around noon but no sign of the owl.
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485
Michael Wood

Owl times two.

Post by Michael Wood »

Yesterday morning Mike McGoldrick and I visited Highfields Falls and spent an enjoyable few hours there despite the wind. Although numbers were down on what they usually are -the least I have ever recorded there on a visit -42- we came across two Powerful Owls perched near the area where they had been seen seen by several observers previously. On this occasion, though, they were both in amongst trees on the eastern side of the creek, no further than three metres away from another.
Michael Wood

Return to “Powerful Owls”