Painted Button-quail, 4/09/07

Same rules apply as for the "250 in 2006" Challenge. Seems 250's no pushover locally, especially in a drought! Nevertheless, 250's achievable and will continue to remain our annual target. Report sightings ASAP for everyone's benefit.

And from now on we'll just refer to it as "The Challenge".

Moderator: Mick Atzeni

Fielded

Painted Button-quail, 4/09/07

Post by Fielded »

I have posted this message on behalf of Jan Christensen [photo evidence submitted and confirmed]
This morning (4/09/07) I was working in my home office and glanced out the window. There was a bird I couldn't identify moving around in my veggie patch. I rushed to get my binoculars, and caught a glimpse of quail-like markings on its back before it disappeared into the spinach. Hoping for a further glimpse, but doubting that anything like a quail could possibly be in my small suburban backyard, I kept the binoculars by my side, and got my camera ready as well.

My patience was rewarded, when some time later, the bird came out again. It settled down for a sit in the sugar cane mulch, and I saw it was a button-quail - a male Painted Button-quail.
Darren Fielder
Mick Atzeni

Sightings near Table Top 20.09.07 (Rod Hobson)

Post by Mick Atzeni »

Rod reported seeing a male Painted Button-Quail on Camel's Hump and a pair on the road back up to South St (near the speed bump on the bitumen section - fresh platelets aplenty!)
Michael Atzeni
7 Woden St, Murphys Creek 4352
Mob: 0499 395 485

Return to “The Challenge - 2007”